Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Lead Land Surveyor for a Kuwait based project and will be assigned to provide accurate surveys as required including topographic surveys, setting out, services location and volumetric surveys.
Provide drawing assistance including as built drawings as required. Assigned scope of work is carried out without any significant HSE incidents. Company's reputation is enhanced by completing the assigned scope of work within schedule and budget to an acceptable standard
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Coordinates field equipment, and ensures that all necessary equipment is available at job sites and in good working condition
- undertaking measurements using a variety of specialist technical equipment (including theodolites, laser alignment devices, total stations, satellite positioning systems
- Experience in boundary, route, volumetric, topographic, and subsurface utility engineering projects
- Experience in operation of a level, total station, data collectors, and GPS survey equipment is required
- Analysing data using plans, maps, charts and computer applications such as CAD and GIS
- Producing and / or advising about construction plans and drawings
- Verifying as built information from execution contractors
- Determines methods and procedures for establishing or reestablishing survey control
- Keeps accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed
- Coordinates findings with work of engineering personnel, clients, and others concerned with project
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma in Engineering
- Minimum 12 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum 6 years experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.