Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting, QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Inspection Engineer (Welding / Painting & Coating) for a Kuwait based project to monitor the effectiveness contractors / subcontractors WIS activities (EPC's). Surveillance on contractor's quality controls systems. To actively mentor contractors / subcontractors coatings team members as required. Supervise the implementation of technical integrity verification.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Review and Comment on EPC / Subcontractors Quality Procedures and ITP's before they are sent to the Lead Quality Engineer for his respected unit for approval
- Review of EPC / Sub contractor's PQR`s, welding procedures, consumable control procedure and NDT procedures as applicable, verify suitability of equipment and facilities before works are started
- Monitor / inspect all welding and NDT activities of all EPC's and their Subcontractors during welding and NDT operations. Qualification of welding procedures and welder qualification, confirm that materials are suitable in accordance with specification and requirements. Witness mechanical qualification tests and carry out interpretation of radiographs as required. Review NDT reports
- Reports directly to Lead Quality Engineer for his respected Unit
- Provides the Lead Quality Engineer for his respected unit with information and feedback on site activities for inclusion in the weekly, bi-weekly or monthly Quality reports for all activities
- Issues NCR's and or Corrective actions to EPC contractors for compliance
- Manages the Quality Documentation from his respected EPC Contractors
- Performs Quality Surveillance activities / audits on civil activities for EPC Contractors as required
- Primary reporting line to HSEQ Manager, with secondary reporting to Lead QA/QC Engineers for related project units as required
- Mentors QA/QC WIS personnel as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum eight years post graduate experience
- Minimum five years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum five years experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.