Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
W ood is currently seeking expression of interest for Lead Commissioning Engineer I for a Kuwait based project to review and advise contractors on multi-disciplined commissioning procedures. Manage multi-disciplined commissioning teams on a program of major projects, in monitoring the assigned pre-comm / commissioning scope to ensure Wood and Contractors perform all work to agreed standards for safety, health and environment and demonstrate a commitment to attaining high levels of HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) performance.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Review and approve all Contractor submitted commissioning procedures, operator training, operations and maintenance procedures
- Maintain a good working relationship with the clients and sub-contractors engineering representatives
- Co-ordinate commissioning team activities across all projects
- Responsible for site commissioning activities and providing technical assistance to the construction / commissioning team
- Assist Contractor achieve efficient plant start up and performance testing
- Co-ordinate Client requirements for training and commissioning assistance
- Primary contact with the project office to insure site is in receipt of latest drawing, specifications and information
- Assist in the resolution of technical queries arising on site during commissioning
- Supervises vendor representatives site unite for check out / precommissioning of equipment and any other special testing or maintenance requirements
- Fully familiar with the drawings, specifications and engineering procedures of the project
- Assist in the review and approval of sub-contractors method statement
- Approval of final "as built "drawings
- To read, understand and implement the company safety policy and the arrangements described in the company and area safety management documents
- Review project studies & proposals for Constructability and/or Construction Hazard Identification
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
- Minimum 15 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.