Skills: Ballast Control, Production Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for a Ballast Control Operator with experience on a floating production platform as well as a deepwater crane operating and production operating experience.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Monitor and Maintain Vessel Stability.
- Mooring Operations.
- Boat and Helicopter Logistics.
- Inspection and Maintenance of Life Saving and Fire Fighting Equipment.
- Regulatory Audits /Inspections.
- Load Management.
- Watch Keeping - Monitor Collision Avoidance System.
- Maintain Marine Logs and Maintenance Records.
- Monitor Environmental Conditions.
- Maintain Vessel's State of Readiness for Damage Control/Damage Stability.
- Coordinate and Interface with all Operations and Disciplines that may impact Vessel Stability.
- Monitor and maintain vessel stability by interfacing with all operations and disciplines that may impact stability.
- Monitor mooring and perform necessary functions to adjust moor.
- Monitor boat and helicopter logistics with respect to vessel operations.
- Monitor weather conditions.
- Monitor collision avoidance system.
- Maintain marine logs and maintenance records.
- Operation of hydraulic crane.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of BCO experience required on a floating production platform with an Active ballast license.
Preferred: Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical college; 3-5 years' BCO experience with active ballast license a must have; deepwater crane operating experience; production operating experience preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.