Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
To perform any and all job duties involved in rigging-up slings, shackles, etc. used to lift and/or move materials (pipe, plate, etc.) or structures from one location to another, including loadouts in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist crane operators and/or cherrypicker operators by hooking-up slings and/or load cables to materials or structures as required.
2. Set-up skid/rail components used to load-out completed structures onto barges or offload structures from barges to assigned locations
3. Assist crane operators, cherrypicker operators and/or maintenance personnel (mechanics) in performing routine maintenance work on cherrypickers, cranes, dozers, etc.
4. Report any and all defective rigging equipment (slings, shackles, jacks, cracked sledgehammer handles, plate clamps, etc.) to the rigging foreman immediately.
5. Assist in cleaning up work areas as needed (including barges) prior to beginning lift or loadout operations.
6. Set-up water pumps on barges as required to prepare for loadouts.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Standing - Is an essential function/physical requirement.
2. Walking - Is an essential function/physical requirement. Employees would be required to walk 90% on uneven surfaces and 10% on even surfaces.
3. Lifting - Is an essential function/physical requirement and employees must be able to lift up to 25-50 pounds and occasionally 75-100 pounds.
4. Carrying - Is an essential function/physical requirement and employees will be required to carry up to 100 pounds occasionally and 25-50 pounds on a frequent basis.
5. Turning, Twisting, Bending, Stooping, Pushing & Pulling - These are considered regular physical activities and requirements of this position and individuals would be expected to be able to perform them without any problems.
6. Reaching Forward & Reaching Overhead - These are essential functions/physical requirements.
7. Climbing - Is an essential function/physical requirement.
8. Balancing - In this position, balancing is a necessary requirement for safety reasons in this working environment.
9. Fingering, Feeling, Talking, Hearing & Seeing - This position requires an individual to be able to perform these physical activities/duties regularly as they are necessary to perform this job.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Riggers will work with slings, shackles, come-a-longs, jacks, sledgehammers, water pumps, wrenches, and other hand tools.
Ninety-nine percent of the work activities are performed outside. Individuals would be required to work in changes of temperature, wet/rainy conditions, dry and humid conditions, dust, noise, and occasional vibrations when operating or working around machinery. They will also be exposed to fumes when working with or around gas/diesel powered machinery or working near blasting or painting operations.
TWIC required. PEC or RigPass (Safe Gulf) is a plus.
Excellence in the Making
Recognized for having the expertise and resources to deliver the most complex solutions, Gulf Island is a multi-disciplined fabrication company with headquarters in Houston, Texas and operating facilities in Houma, Louisiana. We specialize in providing high quality fabrication of complex steel structures, modules and marine vessels. We also provide project management, hookup, commissioning, repair, maintenance and civil construction services. With customers that span a wide spectrum of industries, we fabricate products and provide services that are critical to energy extraction and production, refining, petrochemical, LNG and industrial facilities, power generation, alternative energy and shipping and marine transportation operations.
Build Your Career with Us
The strength of Gulf Island lies with our talented workforce who see our projects from concept to completion. From the Board Room to the drafting board, the shop to the loading dock, we call it The Team Approach. Each of our projects is embraced by a motivated team of professional project managers, engineers and craft personnel working together to produce the highest quality product.
At Gulf Island, we work hard to gain a clear understanding of our customers’ needs concerning production, quality and schedule before the hard work of construction begins. We believe this pays off as customers from around the globe continue to put their trust in us for quality, craftsmanship and service. Our goal is to exceed expectations and deliver solutions to our customers safely, on time and on budget.