Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Construction Engineer Civil for a Kuwait based project to monitor the assigned construction scope to ensure Wood and Contractors perform all work to agreed standards for safety, health and environment and demonstrate a commitment to attaining high levels of HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) performance. Participate in and advice on all construction activities and initiatives, including provision of training/inductions, documentation reviews etc.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the clients and sub-contractors engineering representatives
- Responsible for site engineering activities and providing technical assistance to the construction supervision team
- Primary contact with the project office to insure site is in receipt of latest drawing, specifications and information
- Assist in the resolution of technical queries arising on site
- Supervises vendor representatives site unite for check out /pre-commissioning of equipment and any other special testing or maintenance requirements
- Fully familiar with the drawings, specifications and engineering procedures of the project
- Assist in the review and approval of sub-contractors method statement
- Approval of final "as built "drawings
- To read, understand and implement the company safety policy and the arrangements described in the company and area safety management documents
- Review project studies & proposals for Constructability and/or Construction Hazard Identification
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc Engineering
- Minimum eight years post graduate experience
- Minimum five years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum five years experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.