Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Estimating
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
• Capable of understanding P&IDs, Piping Plans, & Material Specifications.
• Familiar with Valve Specifications.
• Understands Structural Drawings.
• Can create a Piping and Structural BOM utilizing above documents.
• Understands how to process/evaluate Subcontractor Bid Packages
• Can construct a complete bid utilizing minimal data.
• Bidding Pipe Rack or Modular Fabrication would be a plus.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
• Must be able to pass background check
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• Min. of 5 years of experience
Desirable experience & training
• Highschool diploma or GED
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Time-management skills
• Microsoft suite level advanced
Excellence in the Making
Recognized for having the expertise and resources to deliver the most complex solutions, Gulf Island is a multi-disciplined fabrication company with headquarters in Houston, Texas and operating facilities in Houma, Louisiana. We specialize in providing high quality fabrication of complex steel structures, modules and marine vessels. We also provide project management, hookup, commissioning, repair, maintenance and civil construction services. With customers that span a wide spectrum of industries, we fabricate products and provide services that are critical to energy extraction and production, refining, petrochemical, LNG and industrial facilities, power generation, alternative energy and shipping and marine transportation operations.
Build Your Career with Us
The strength of Gulf Island lies with our talented workforce who see our projects from concept to completion. From the Board Room to the drafting board, the shop to the loading dock, we call it The Team Approach. Each of our projects is embraced by a motivated team of professional project managers, engineers and craft personnel working together to produce the highest quality product.
At Gulf Island, we work hard to gain a clear understanding of our customers’ needs concerning production, quality and schedule before the hard work of construction begins. We believe this pays off as customers from around the globe continue to put their trust in us for quality, craftsmanship and service. Our goal is to exceed expectations and deliver solutions to our customers safely, on time and on budget.