Currently seeking an Electrical Engineer. Ideal candidate must be fluent in power system modeling and demonstrate the ability to perform load flow, short circuit and arc flash analysis. Must understand electrical diagrams and be able to convert one type to another. Must be familiar with Natural Gas Code and IEEE Color books.
- 10 years or more of experience with medium and high voltage electrical building and substations; including design, installation, and vendor coordination.
- Experience in the Oil & Energy Industry
- Requires experience as a senior engineer working on details design projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Required.
- Experience with the design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Experience with Hazardous Area Classification
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA, 70, 70E, PIP, IEEE Color Books
- Understanding of Motor Schematic, Three-line, and Wiring diagrams
- Be familiar and comfortable with engineering support during construction and start-up
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PE license preferred
- Familiar in Power System Analysis
- Knowledge of the NEC to properly size and layout electrical distribution equipment and devices
- Experience with ETAP, SKM or Easypower software, power systems analysis, short-circuit, protective coordination, load flow, arc flash hazard analysis.
- Understanding one-line, schematic, three-line and wiring diagrams and being able to check the consistency between the drawings. Power protective relaying knowledge and programming experience is a big plus.
- Properly size motor feeders, motor starters, feeder breakers, MCC, transformers, circuit breakers and panels (120volts through 5kV)
- Develop detailed motor connection drawings and equipment control stations and develop conduit routing in existing facilities
- Modify existing conduit routing drawings, installation details
- Ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package, and estimate cost with some supervision
- API & IEEE standard familiarity a plus
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.