Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure (Wood E&IS) is recruiting a Graduate Civil Engineer for our Civil Engineering group in Asheville, Charlotte, Wilmington or Durham, NC offices. This individual will be part of our Infrastructure Design Service Line that supports our industrial, municipal and NCDOT clientele. The position relies heavily on a combination of team-based experience, technical qualities and a willingness to be mentored. As a graduate engineer, you will set the bar of excellence for delivering a quality project on time and within budget. At Wood, you will have exposure to several different professions and have the right career path to guide you toward personal success. Our culture requires a 'can do' attitude and a willingness to challenge yourself to be the best engineer you can be.
Key Responsibilities :
- Take advantage of mentoring opportunities within the team for career guidance and passing the PE exam.
- Gain knowledge within a diverse set of professionals and develop your personal preferences for career growth
- Understand the team's five-year vision and remain adaptable to learning new processes and procedures associated with various client delivery models
- Assist team with Business Development activities by 'Doing Good Work'
- Work under the direct supervision of multiple senior Professional Engineers and team leaders.
- Provide technical collaboration to all projects within the group
- Follow corporate/office health and safety procedures
- Assist Engineers with preparation of calculations, reports, specifications, construction documents and other project related documentation, necessary for design
- Take ownership of work product regarding time, quality and deadlines
Skills / Qualifications
The individual is expected to have :
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- 0-3 years of professional engineering experience
- Successfully passed the FE exam or can be completed within 6 months of hire.
- Willing to become a Licensed Professional Engineer in North Carolina
- Demonstrated experience in a team atmosphere
- Adhere to corporate/office standards for safety and quality of work
- Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to plan for team success
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Familiarity with common Civil Engineering software tools (e.g. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, SWMM, HEC-RAS, EPANET 2), although proficiency is not required
- Familiarity with MicroStation and In Roads, although proficiency is not required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.