Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Civil Design Engineer to join our team in the Knoxville, TN office. The candidate would support senior engineers and other designers using Computer Aided Design (CAD) Software for the execution of civil projects to include stream mitigation design, civil site grading design, embankment design, landfill/capping designs, and developing drawing packages. The candidate would also be expected to assist with engineering construction oversight on field projects as needed.
- Use AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation/OpenRoads Designer to develop engineering documents and calculations for plan preparation with minimal supervision.
- Perform H&H calculations, produce cut/fill volume reports and isopach maps, prepare landfill cover system design calculations, etc. for mass-grading projects and embankment designs.
- Under direction of senior engineering staff, prepare construction drawing packages for civil grading projects, impoundments, street plan and profiles, and utility plans and profiles.
- Incorporate survey data and as-built information into drawing packages.
- Work with project engineers and other designers to revise plans according to markups and design revisions.
- Create base drawing files, plan sheets, setup projects according to Wood and client standards.
- Perform non-routine and complex gradings from markups or verbal instruction with minimal supervision.
- Serve as Wood's main point of contact overseeing field construction of engineering design projects as project needs arise.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited college/university is required.
- E.I. certification is required.
- P.E. license or ability to attain with 2 years is required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in civil engineering design projects is required.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D design software is required.
- Proficiency with Microstation, InRoads and OpenRoads strongly preferred.
- Must have strong presentation and writing skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills for keeping multiple tasks on track from concept through delivery.
- Ability to apply technical thinking to define and solve complicated design problems.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Requires some travel and willingness to work outdoors.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and traverse over rugged terrain.
- Pass drug test and background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.