Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
We're looking for an Intermediate Level Electrical Engineer in Hillsboro Oregon who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients' business. Join us and you will have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing and research facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. Our engineers are responsible for delivery of complex packages.
As an Intermediate Engineer you'll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of routine engineering tasks. As you gain familiarity with the client's expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks. You'll effectively recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will produce single-line diagrams, installation details, electric room layouts, connection diagrams, cable schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, and power plans. You will support senior engineers in selection and specification of electrical equipment. You may also be asked to provide on-site assistance during startups. Your role keeps our company connected and we'll support you with what you need to be successful.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• At least 2 years of Electrical Engineering Experience
• Engineer in Training (EIT)
• Familiarity with National Electrical Code (NEC)
• Familiarity with other NFPA codes and industry standards
Ideally, you'll also have:
• Working knowledge of Revit or BIM software
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy Engineering
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passionate about buildings and construction