Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
We're seeking a Building Mechanical Designer in Greenville, SC to prepare HVAC and plumbing/utility design packages for our industrial, chemical, pulp & paper, manufacturing, and pharmaceutical clients. You'll prepare construction package drawings for HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems for facilities, along with mechanical system drawings including dimensioned plans, sections, details, equipment schedules, and control diagrams. You'll receive project assignments from the project lead and work with other coworkers to perform project related tasks. We'll lean on you to collaborate with related disciplines, designers, and engineers from other disciplines to create high quality multi-discipline drawing packages for issue to clients. You'll be a key member on our team by being responsible for assigned portion of the building mechanical scope and schedule.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to act as a champion for our TogetherBeyond culture of caring at Jacobs. TogetherBeyond is our approach to living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and quality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other. Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and expertise. We'll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what inspires you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
• Demonstrated experience in generating design documents adhering to applicable CAD standards for HVAC and/or plumbing design packages within an A&E firm.
• Trade School or Associates Degree.
• Knowledge of applicable codes and standards, including ICC, ASHRAE, and NFPA.
• Proficiency in Revit.
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• 8 plus years of demonstrated experience in generating design documents adhering to applicable CAD standards for HVAC and/or plumbing design packages within an A&E firm.
• Proficiency in SmartPlant 3D, AutoCAD, and Microstation.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work well within a dynamic team environment with multiple deadlines.