Skills: Business Development, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Director, Renewables Advisory
Organization : Resource Data Management - Remote US
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution . Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow?
The Director, Renewables Advisory is client facing and back office analytics role with a key role in delivering Engie Impacts long-term renewable energy aspirations - exploring and pursuing opportunities in existing and emerging markets on a global scale that maximizes opportunity, balances risk, and delivers against our strategy.
This position will manage cross functional activities to gain up-to-date information on energy needs, projections and opportunities, and keep key stakeholders informed of the process and milestones.
Analyze, support and pursue deals in support of Sales and Program Managers; manage key vendor relationships; pursue new opportunities and deliver on engagement with the clients.
Serve as functional expert (SME) in the organization for renewables products and advising.
- Support leads and turn them into opportunities for sales
- Deliver & develop on needed solutions and analytics for clients
- Work with key stakeholders in finance, product and delivery to develop pricing and solutions as required
- Work to KPI's and revenue targets as set by the VP & Sustianability Services Executive head
- Identify opportunities for new business within the market
- Develop and manage key vendors in support of the solution
- Support client contract development, interpretation and risk analysis as related to energy and renewables needs
- Execute RFP processes, managing the identification, evaluation and realization of projects
- Participate in and coordinate resources to conduct due diligence on projects
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with broad base of business partners to ensure alignment in procuring the right size and shape of renewable energy agreements
- Research and maintain landscape of renewable energy in strategic markets
- Attend trade shows to develop vendor relationships, meet clients or speak as needed
- Obtain supporting data including competitive intelligence on market opportunities for new projects
- Follow industry trends and competitor activities, including regulatory/financial incentives, power pricing and structured financing transactions both in the America's and globalyy as developed
- Collaborate on broader energy/renewable energy conversations across Engie Impact stakeholders and global BU's
- Evaluate and support new opportunities
- Prepare and track project plans, budgets and milestones, support management in budget reviews
- Schedule tasks and prepare project reports and updates
- Support Marketing events and nedds as requested
Do you tick all the boxes?
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition . Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Corporate Responsibility/Sustainability or a related field. Relevant industry certifications preferred (e.g. PE, CEM, CWEP, LEED, CEA) A legal degree with contract negotiation emphasis is a plus for position.
- 6+ years of experience in environmental matters with a focus on eco-design, renewables, life cycle assessment and Circular Economy.
- 2+ years experience working in regulated commodities or industry with exposure to large-scale renewables deals
- Industry or consulting experience delivering professional services
- Experience in renewable energy and PPA development
- Knowledge of corporate sustainability reporting standards and best practices
- Comprehensive research and analytical skills; ability to gather information quickly and to synthesize it into actionable information
- 5 years experience in business analysis
- Industry or consulting experience delivering professional services
- Demonstrated experience in any of the following resource areas: energy, water, waste, carbon, renewables e.g.:
- Energy: demand management, metering and monitoring, capital projects, audit, plant optimization, building systems and equipment
- Water: conservation, smart metering, reclamation, audit, risk management, irrigation
- Renewables: PPA development, solar planning/installation/management, battery and storage, distributed energy resources, wind
- Waste: recycling, waste optimization, zero waste initiatives, organics, audits, waste project management, waste procurement
- Successful business development and business process management
- Track record of solving complex business issues and delivering client satisfaction
- Experienced in energy and water conservation and efficiency strategies as they relate to commercial and industrial markets
- Strong interpersonal and leadership, communication and negotiation skills are required
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Deep understanding of environmental sustainability best practices, trends, innovation, and solutions
- Ability to work in distributed delivery environment, and foster collaborative teams to solve problems and improve delivery
- Skilled in synthesizing qualitative/quantitative data, thriving in ambiguity, recognizing patterns and identify non-prescriptive solutions
- Ability to deeply engage clients, identify and deliver insightful questions and non-confrontationally challenge client assumptions and ideas
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including managing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities to achieve strategic objectives
- Capability to build and maintain cross-functional and cross-regional networks with internal and external resources and navigate complex organizational structures
- Skilled in using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and CRM tools (e.g. SalesForce)
- Organized and structured with the ability to effectively communicate programs and initiatives
- Tenacious curiosity and passion to improve the world around you
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Apr 6, 2021