Requisition ID: 234067 Requisition Posting End Date: 04/30/2021
Are you passionate about information security and eager to jump-start your career? Do you download security tools and figure them out in your spare time? Are you curious about reverse engineering and hunting for attacker activity? If so, then we have the perfect position for you. We are building the next generation computer Security Operations Center (SOC) for our global enterprise, and you can be a critical part of this creative, fast-paced, and exciting team. We are seeking information security specialists who have expertise in network security monitoring and incident response.
The ideal candidates will have an open mind, bring a fresh perspective to the SOC team, and be passionate about protecting, defending, and responding to information security-related events. Why Bechtel SOC?
- Use of bleeding-edge tools, and analysis techniques
- Opportunity to work with some of the best-in-the-industry Incident Response personnel
- Great learning environment; continued learning is encouraged and supported
As an Incident Response Analyst you will assist the team responsible for situational security awareness by pulling together information from a variety of systems and normalizing and correlating the information. The team provides real-time (or near real-time) detection and reaction services for information security incidents within the Bechtel enterprise. Incident Response Analyst duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide detection and response to security events and incidents within the Bechtel Enterprise Network
- Thorough investigation of security alerts generated by our detection mechanisms (IDS, user reported, custom alerts, etc.)
- Utilize industry-standard network and host forensic tools in order to fully understand the scope of an incident
- Work the full ticket lifecycle; handle every step of the alert, from detection to remediation
- Handle user reported cases of potential phishing and spear-phishing campaigns
- Research, and analyze wide variety of commodity and APT based malware and techniques
- Search our existing infrastructure for signs of malware, and malicious events not detected by our existing security controls
- Help develop, implement, and maintain SOC policies, processes, and procedures
Incident Response Analysts will be working with enterprise forensic capable systems, log analysis systems, and network collection systems to facilitate response to incidents on a global scale. You will work with industry-respected malware, network, and Incident Response analysts to coordinate a best-in-class response to computer-related incidents.
Shift hours: Sunday through Wednesday, 6 AM to 4:30 PM - This role may be performed remotely within the U.S. Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent + 4 years relevant experience
- At least 3 months of experience with at least two of the following:
- Network traffic tools, techniques, and analysis
- Host forensics tools, techniques, and analysis
- Malware reverse engineering tools, techniques, and analysis
- IDS & IPS technologies, both signature, and behavior-based
- Windows event log analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related degree
- At least one year of experience in Host Forensics, Malware Reverse Engineering, or Network Forensic
*Must be a U.S citizen Preferred Qualifications:
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Passion for all things Information Technology and Information Security
- Natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills
- Experience with trouble ticketing and change management tools
- SANS Certifications, ideally GCIH, GCFE, GREM, GCFA
- Knowledge of Regular Expressions
- Experience with SIEM (Security Information Event Management) tools such as ArcSight or Splunk
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.