Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Rayong, Thailand
Wood is currently looking for Senior Piping Designer.
- Execute the assigned design and drafting activities following the instructions given by the Area Piping Engineer in accordance with the quality system in force within the Discipline, job requirements, and time schedule
- Keep the Area Piping Engineer fully informed on the status of his activities
- Ensure adequate flow of information within the Project Team
- Ensure quality in design, technical accuracy in the preparation of drawings, material quantities, etc.
- Develop Plot plan and Equipment layouts under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Develop 2D Piping General Arrangement Drawings under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Carry out site survey activities at field to develop 2D Piping General Arrangement Drawings, Tie - in / Disinvestment isometric drawings under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Develop 3D model based on the study layouts under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Prepare Isometric sketches for all Stress critical lines with the possible support locations and assist the stress engineer to carry out stress analysis
- Model supports (Physical / Logical) based on the Stress Comments for critical lines and non - critical lines according to the established Technical Practices
- Resolve and co - ordinate all clashes within the piping discipline and other discipline
- Prepare comments on drawing and specification related to other discipline which may be affected by piping activities
- Assist, Remodel and Update the model based on the Internal, Client reviews, latest Supplier information and Isometric checking comments and maintain the clash free model
- Signing drawing / documents as originator in accordance with correct procedures
- Provide "Feedback" to the Area Piping Engineer concerning problem arising from application of standard methods and work instruction
- File drawings and documents according to the instructions of Area Piping Engineer
Skills / Qualifications
- High Vocational Certificate or bachelor's degree in mechanical or equivalent
- Min 8 years of relevant and proven experience
- Sound knowledge of all general piping design, developing experience in piping layout and phases of plot plan development
- Competence in MS office, experienced in executing work using intelligent CAD, 2D such as AutoCAD and 3D Design Software such as AutoCAD Plant 3D, PDS, PDMS, SmartPlant3D, E3D etc.
- Experience in materials selection for specifications engineers
- Ability to improving quality of service and maintaining consistency of deliverables
- Good command in English communication
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.