Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Immingham, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood EMEA Process & Energy are recruiting for a Quality Advisor on a full time staff basis. You will be based on the client site in Immingham.
Purpose of the Role
- Lead Quality Assurance activities across site to drive right first-time outcomes.
- Provide quality leadership across the organisation
- Drive out quality incidents through robust root cause analysis and communication of learnings
- Drive improvement projects across site through effective analysis of metrics.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Promote a positive Quality Culture throughout the working environment.
- Develop the Project Quality Plan, Project Inspection and Test Plans and Audit Schedules and perform/co-ordinates activities detailed therein.
- Take ownership of and complete successfully develop Quality Plans in a timely manner.
- Conducts root cause investigations for non-conformance events
- Assist project process owners in Quality Management - data collating/analysis/trending reporting
- Drive close-out of non-conformances listed on action tracker, identify trends or overdue actions and report updates to the Quality Manager
- Asist in the management of quality risks in accordance with the risk process
- Suggests and negotiates with the Quality Manager/Lead improvements to invert negative trends impacting the project
- Participates in project meetings as necessary to support Project delivery
- Maintain Quality Information on company's Share point Portal as required
- Facilitate project process owners in establishing their delivery processes and procedures
- To report promptly to the Quality Manager/Lead all matters related to Project Quality Management System performance
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified, controlled, reviewed and retained in accordance with project, client and regulatory requirements
- To participate in activities relating to Project QMS Improvement Initiatives
- Conduct training/induction in the project Quality Management System, procedures and applications
- Provide QMS performance data
- Drive quality improvement initiatives/projects across the organisation to promote a continuous improvement culture across the organisation
- Lead and facilitate project lessons learned and ensure effective communication.
- Take ownership of contract Quality Monthly Report
- Have the ability to progress client relationship in the implementation of a Total Quality Regime
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in maintenance/construction management with exposure to performing quality control/quality assurance/quality management tasks in an industrial project environment.
- Good leadership skills
- Good knowledge of improvement techniques such as Kaizen / Six sigma / DMAIC or similar
- Trade registrations/vocational qualifications
- Has a broad knowledge of construction, fabrication and inspection techniques
- Has good knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Holds a current Auditor qualification
- Member of Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) Remove or state would be nice to have
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively in teams
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and standards
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.