Skills: Drilling Superintendent
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Founded in 1934, Parker Drilling provides advanced drilling solutions to the energy industry. We are a technically innovative company providing worldwide drilling services, rental tools and project management, including rig design, construction and operations management.
This position is responsible for coordinating and directing various activities for the Company's drilling operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Act as liaison between Operations management, rig crew and customers/clients.
• Supervise daily activity, progress and job performance of Rig Superintendents and Rig Managers and coach/counsel as needed.
• Organize equipment, material and personnel for various aspects of the operation.
• Ensure compliance of contract terms for equipment and reimbursement.
• Ensure various operations are scheduled properly so that the total project timing is managed efficiently.
• Initiate and participate in training of rig personnel in proper work related activities in accordance with the Company's HSE policies and procedures.
• Confer and cooperate with other management personnel in formulating administrative and operational practices and procedures.
• Review, approve and submit request for equipment, materials and spare parts and coordinate shipment once request is approved by corporate.
• Responsible for providing reports to management to include, but not limited to, daily progress, safety incidents, etc.
• Promote safety awareness and safe performance among crew and contract personnel.
• Abide by Company policies and procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• A High School diploma is required.
• Should have 10+ years of specific work experience and some experience in supervising others.
• Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
• Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
• Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.