Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our Mining & Minerals (M&M) team in Oakville, Ontario. The Quality Manager will control, manage and monitor the application of Wood's Quality Management System in the Oakville office and on related project sites. The Quality Manager reports to the Director of Operations for Oakville and the Manager of Quality, North America Mining & Minerals.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Wood's Quality Management System for the office, complying with ISO 9001 and/or customer requirements, as applicable.
- Promote the awareness of quality management principles and provide advice and guidance to peers and colleagues.
- Establish and supervise a team of competent and experienced quality personnel to be assigned to projects, as necessary.
- Function as a Project Quality Manager, when necessary.
- Management of audit and assurance programs for the office.
- Undertake investigations of quality related incidents.
- Management, reporting and analysis of data arising from non-conformance, corrective and preventative actions, and other key quality indicators.
- Implement and manage a continuous improvement process for the office, including a process of management system review.
- Coach and train personnel in the application of Wood's Quality Management System.
- Provide support to the generation of proposals and tenders in relation to quality elements.
- Actively engage with project and functional stakeholders, as well as external stakeholders (customers, third party certification providers, suppliers/vendors/contractors, etc.) to support the implementation of Wood's Quality Management System.
- Act as an internal focal point and subject matter expert for all quality related matters and systems within the office.
- Actively participate in the wider quality network within the Projects Business Unit's Operations Assurance and Quality group both offering and taking on good practices.
- Provide support for Oakville office Operations Assurance requirements, as necessary.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree/diploma in quality management or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Quality Management in an EPC/EPCM environment.
- Lead Auditor qualification by a recognized industry body (essential).
- Membership in the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) or the American Society for Quality (ASQ) (desirable).
- Formal training in recognized root cause analysis techniques (essential).
- Comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001 and ISO 19011.
- Understanding of how the various functional/discipline activities integrate into a complete project.
- Good knowledge of EPCM processes and systems including data-centric project delivery (desirable).
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills, and the ability to work and communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, third party certification providers and suppliers/vendors/contractors.
- The commitment to identify, analyze and propose solutions to problems in a constructive and positive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence senior management and deal with all stakeholders in challenging situations.
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.