Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking an Lead Electrical Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who will apply extensive and comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering and design principles and practices to the organization's products and services. The Engineer will plan, schedule and design broad and/or technically complex engineering assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- Provide project engineering and electrical discipline leadership
- Perform engineering design and related duties; including, power system studies, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor / equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding, LV and MV motor sizing and selection, cable distribution design, schematic, single line, termination schedule and wiring design
- Assist with construction supervision as well as the commissioning of industrial electrical systems
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Maintain and plan cost control for all scopes of work.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, as required
- Review, check and approve work output of discipline assigned personnel, as required
- Prepare estimates and schedules as well as assisting in their review
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering Degree from a recognized university with PEng designation or ability to register as a Professional with PEO
- 10 to 15 years direct mining, industrial or process plant experience, at least 7 years in lead position
- Experience with ETAP or similar software design tools are considered an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D design/drafting techniques
- Ability to provide technical leadership for the electrical components of multi-disciplinary industrial or mineral processing projects
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.