Skills: Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Franklin, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently sourcing a Fire Watch/Hole to join our team in Franklin, Virginia. You must be willing to work as either a Fire Watch, Hole Watch, and/or Spotter.
U .S. only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Job requires flexibility to work as spotter, fire watcher and laborer to all other crews
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Tend to machines that pump concrete, grout, and sand
- Tend to pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt
- Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment, and tools
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined and/or hazardous environments
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards, while following all waste handling guidelines
- Act as a watch when welding or metal cutting is performed by craft workers
- Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Works under immediate supervision
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment
- Able to lift 50 lbs. overhead without difficulty
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.