Skills: Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kermit, Texas, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Field Operator in Kermit, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Performing mechanical maintenance.
- Routine maintenance and support on gas compressors
- Coordinating and overseeing major repairs and overhauls on pumps, compressors and engines
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintenance of equipment associated with gas liquefaction and production facilities
- Support for centrifugal/positive displacement pumps, centrifugal/diesel air compressors, industrial cooling fans, gas/diesel engines, electrical generators, and HVAC systems
- Replacing/refurbishing mechanical seals
- Initiating mechanical maintenance without direct supervision and directing small contract work group in daily activities
- Leading annual turnarounds and assist contract support teams.
- Working directly with engineers to resolve turbine/compressor issues
- Identifying infrastructure needs for production and maintenance departments
- Documenting critical work (written reports for tracking equipment history) and maintaining shop equipment, tooling and consumable inventory
- Actively participating in job planning
- Representing the mechanical group at meetings
Skills / Qualifications
- 2+ years of direct industrial experience working on compressors
- Current valid driver's license
- Self-motivated and works well in a team environment. Ability to guide fellow workers
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated HSE leadership ability & desire to deliver Zero Incident HSE results
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.