Skills: Casing, Derrickman, Field Service Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Tubular Services Technician I.
Ensures proper placement of conventional equipment and tools are used correctly while performing casing running services.
• Routinely prepares the rig floor area for whatever operation is to take place as well as function checks all casing handling and running tools to enable carrying out operational activities such as picking up, laying down, running, retrieving, connecting, tripping, standing back and/or disconnecting all components of the casing drill string, completion string, and when required, drill pipe.
• Assists and helps Crew Pusher carry out all operational activities around the rig floor or any other area of the rig location as designated by the Driller.
• Assists service company personnel in rigging up or down special equipment and/or tools if instructed to do so by the Driller.
• Maintains a safe working environment and reasonably clean and tidy rig floor area by picking up and storing all tools in their respective storage areas after using, discarding waste materials and washing down the rig floor and rig floor equipment as often as necessary.
• Maintain a basic knowledge and awareness of safe working habits and rig safety rules and regulations.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Previous oilfield experience preferred
• Communication with the rig crew, supervisors, and shop personnel
• Ability to multi-task, be well organized both cooperatively and independently.
• May be asked to operate a company vehicle
• Mechanically inclined, hydraulic/electrical
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Safety and service oriented; performs all work in a safe manner
• Team player
• Positive attitude
• Good problem solving skills
• Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time. Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the time.
• Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to talk to hear more than 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to work prolonged hours in some circumstances.
• Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Requires the ability to go up and down stairs.
• Typically works in a moderately noisy environment.
• Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors and in a non-climate controlled building.
• Repetitive motions.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs