Skills: Rig Instrument Tech, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Immingham, England, United Kingdom
Job title: Instrument Technician
Duration: Full Time Contract
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument Technician, with extensive experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industry for a full time contract at one of it's client sites in Immingham.
• Knowledge of hydrocarbon/Industrial production systems and associated hazards
• Good understanding of process instrumentation calibration routines/fault finding
• Good knowledge of process control systems
• Good knowledge of fire and gas detection and ESD systems
• Clear understanding of cause and effect logic diagrams
• Fully familiar with the permit to work system and isolation procedures
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
• Motivated and eager to contribute to continuous improvement both at a personal level and at a platform team level.
• Adhere to SHE principles, demonstrating commitment to safety through language, willingness to learn, behaviour and actions, complying with Amec Foster Wheeler's safety practices and committed to zero tolerance of unsafe acts
• Good verbal, written and problem solving skills
• Good IT skills, building on existing proficiency and developing competence in the Company's and/or Client's CMMS
• Thorough and reliable worker showing attention to detail and a focus on achieving objectives in the most safe and efficient manner
• Deal with third parties in a professional manner
• Must be able to work flexibly as part of a team on own initiative, with little supervision
• Good knowledge of SAP.
• Must work at all times in the best interest of Wood and comply with the requirements of the Company's and/or the Client's Safety Management System (SMS)
• Able to carry out all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices as required by supervisor
• Able to complete work history / reports to the required standard as outlined by supervisor
• Isolating and de-isolating instrumentation and control equipment in accordance with the site electrical safety rules (client and/or Wood
Skills / Qualifications
• Recognised Instrument Apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
• HNC in Control/ Instrumentation Engineering (Post 2009 apprenticeships)
• NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification or equivalent in Maintenance
• COMPEX (Hazardous Areas) units -01 to 04
• CCNSG Safety Passport
• Pressure hydro testing certificate
• TSBT01&02 (to be completed as post mobilisation training on a 3 yearly refresher)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.