Requisition ID: 234042 Requisition Posting End Date: 04/12/2021 Project Description:
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy's largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration's largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provide enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF project has multiple work schedules that are subject to change and may require employees to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and/or night shift when a business need arises. The core construction working hours are between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Work schedule and overtime are to be approved in advance by supervisors.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable. Role Overview:
Assigned to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) Construction organization in a Construction Electrical Field Engineering position. Responsibilities are to ensure assigned UPF Electrical based commodities are in compliance with design/specifications, nuclear codes and standards including NEC 2012, NESC C2-2012, IEEE; project schedule, within budget and to quality standards. Perform construction engineering assignments of a varied nature requiring a working knowledge of construction engineering practices. Principle responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Interface with client personnel (DOE)
- Interfacing with CNS Y12 (Plant Operations)
- Interfacing with the STR's to support the Subcontractor
- Reviewing design documents for constructability
- Material takeoffs
- Use of SetRoute, BPS, TeamWorks etc.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases and perform receipt inspections of materials as required.
- Prepare work packages.
- Assists supervision with the design of temporary construction facilities via field sketches and ensures preparation of "as-built" drawings and other job plans.
- Assist supervision with:
- Scheduling work activities.
- Interpreting design drawings/documents.
- Monitoring equipment installation, planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data to assist and advise on-site.
- Coordinates with the appropriate site management on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Reviews as assigned the preparation of construction estimates, cost, schedules and budgets.
- Determines that vendors' bids for material and/or equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates with other FEs in support of Area field activities and Construction Work Package (CWP) generation.
- Coordinates with Project Controls on a 6-month rolling schedule and supports Electrical group in pre-assembling/shelling of CWP prior to Field Engineer assignment.
- Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the Project Controls program at the job-site. Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Level 1: B.S. Degree in Engineering or similar and 1 year of related experience or 7 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Level 2: B.S. Degree in Engineering or similar and 3 years of related experience or 9 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including verification of employment, education and travel.
- Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk-downs which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Knowledge and experience of DOE, DOD and/or commercial nuclear construction projects is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Bechtel Standard Work Processes Procedures (SWPPs) and the related Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
- Candidates should be self-starters, highly motivated, requiring little supervision, and able to work well in a team environment.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of current design codes and standards such as NEC 2012, NESC C2-2012, IEEE, RUS as well as NQA-1 requirements.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance standards required on NNSA/DOE projects.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's "Zero Accidents" safety program.
- Familiarity with nuclear quality and commercial practice standards is desired.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Recent commercial nuclear experience at a Bechtel EPC Project.
- Recent experience as an Electrical Field Engineer.
- Experience in reviewing field drawings/plans of different disciplines and may include P&ID's.
- Recent experience creating Electrical Construction Work Packages.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.