Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Construction Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 234069
Requisition Posting End Date:
The client is the newest member of the fibre network systems with an ambitious rollout of Fibre to the Home across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As the client's geographic footprint grows, the need to scale the execution model will increase and will become more urgent. To that end, standardization of approach and process - whether recruiting and retaining talent or resolving design constructability issues - will be critical, including the coordination and communication amongst the various teams.
Please note this role is to be based in Lowestoft, South East England.
Reporting to the Build Manager, primary responsibility is to monitor the onsite delivery of construction works within assigned area of responsibility and ensure that contractors carrying out site operations on time, to specifications and in accordance to relevant legislation. In addition to these primary responsibilities, the role entails:
- Monitor compliance with relevant specifications and Environmental, Safety & Health requirements
- Monitor and support the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance with the Works Information.
- Discharging its duties under the CDM Regulations, H&S regulations and laws, NRSWA within their area of responsibility and ensuring others work in accordance to legislation
- Monitor and track progress within assigned area of responsibility including daily / weekly reporting as required, escalating issues as necessary to line supervisor
- Reviewing and accepting contractor technical submittals, (including method statements, permits and work package plans) and support in maintaining configuration control of site
- Check the installation of completed elements and ensure compliance to project and client requirements
- Ensure project information is recorded accurately and documentation is stored and maintained to support close out
- Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site based queries and elevating issues when requiring design authority for interpretation or approval of design changes or non-conformances
- Consult with local stakeholders as required to support the delivery of the project and in time with the schedule
- Providing input to the review and acceptance of the sub-contractors' and suppliers' Quality Plan.
- Reviewing the Contractor's Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), compiling comments, and validating the required Witness, and Review points based on the respective technical and quality specification of the contract and applicable code requirements
- Monitoring the contractors compliance with their ITPs and partakes in some witness and review points, seeking support as required from the functional leads
- Managing the NCR and Snag List process at contract level seeking input as required from the functional leads in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
- Providing input to the Business Manager on costs to be disallowed related to quality issues and NCRs
- Significant understanding of the standard engineering and construction work planning and demonstrated ability to conduct independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques with the use of conventional approaches to technical problems encountered
- Understanding of underground works and utilities (telecom and fibre preferred)
- Significant knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations (NSWA knowledge preferred)
- Demonstrated experience of managing contracted construction / engineering works
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Poses a valid full UK driving license
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills. Preferred with experience in managing a team
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline (preferred)
- CSCS Construction Site Supervisor Card (preferred)
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el manana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingenieria, construccion y gestion de proyectos mas respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblematicos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento economico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado mas de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 paises de los siete continentes. Operamos a traves de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Petroleo, Gas y Productos Quimicos; y Mineria y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en mas de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo nucleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la etica y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados seran considerados para su contratacion sin distincion de raza, color, religion, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad y expresion de genero, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadania (segun lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, informacion genetica y cualquier otra caracteristica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situacion de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratacion, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electronico a firstname.lastname@example.org para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables seran revisados caso a caso.