This is an upcoming contract position based in the Edmonton area. The work site will be an office setting within an industrial facility.Duties
The selected candidate will be responsible for analysis and forecasting of project related costs for an upcoming turnaround project. Collecting and reporting on cost data for management review is a critical component of this position.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Act as the cost control point of contact for assigned projects
- Work with various stakeholders to provide cost control expertise and advice in addition to regular reporting
- Regular reporting on trends, forecasting and identification of potential cost overruns
- Ensure adherence to and if required revision of cost control procedures
- Responsible for earned value reporting Identify and review changes in scope, adhere to MOC process and communicate impact on budget.
- Review contractor invoices for consistency and alignment with contract
- Maintain close contact with the operations, contracts management and project controls teams
- 10-15 years experience in the project controls area with a focus on cost control
- Post-secondary education in engineering and/or business
- Experience in the oil & gas or petrochemical industries on turnaround projects
- Field experience, ideally having worked on site in a live facility vs. pure head office experience
- Advanced skills in MS excel
- SAP experience an asset
- Comfortable in fast-paced deadline driven multi-discipline work environments
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.