Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Title Electrical Engineer
IR35 Limited companies approved
Qualifications BSc/HND Electrical Engineering
Experience 10 years+ Design Office/Project Office/Site EE
Skills/Knowledge HV/LV general electrical, including GT generation, 110KV Switchgear, LV MCC and VSDs, Transformers, Cabling, Power System Earthing, Protection Concepts, Batteries &UPS. IEC/EN/NFPA applicable standards.
Duration: 4 months with a possible 3/4 month extension
Job Description .
Part of a small team to carry out a desk top basis of safety verification (not a design review) of a new build LNG terminal electrical infrastructure. The review will be based on end user requirements, EPC supplied drawings and layouts, EPC supplied calculations and reports, third party datasheets and equipment specifications.
- Understanding of end user requirements
- Basis of Design (safety) applicable standards and regulations
- SLD reviews versus overall design intent
- Power system model and fault levels
- Cable specification and sizing calculation
- Power system earthing and Lightning protection
- Protection concepts used for generators, feeders, transformers, and switchgear
- Equipment specification versus end user requirements and applicable standards
- Equipment data sheets
- Equipment zoning certification ATEX/EN60079-14
- Drawing layouts consistency and equipment schedules
Following the individual reviews should anomalies, errors or concerns be evident then it will be required to correctly identify the deviation against the relevant standard/good practice or end user requirement.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.