Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology, with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
This position is responsible for providing a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness in customer Accounts Receivable collections and cash applications for business units within the US and Canada.
All duties are performed in full compliance and accordance with corporate policies, internal controls, and/or external regulatory reporting requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Access bank deposits online for multiple accounts and apply cash receivables daily into Oracle
- Maintain Accounting cash logs for daily deposits - Trade and Non-Trade
- Reconcile customer short payments and over payments
- Daily collection inquiries/documenting of efforts in AR Aging trackers - contact 3^rd party and intercompany customers to request payment status for outstanding invoices
- Prepare and send out account statements and demand letters, as needed
- Monitor various customer electronic portals for status of invoice submissions and disputes
- Work with Billing Department, Marketing, Operations and customers to resolve disputed invoices
- Coordinate preparation of refund checks for issuance to customers
- Perform routine reporting and escalation of collection efforts to management and other key stakeholders
- Serves as backup to Credit Analyst in generating credit reports on new and existing customers and assisting Credit & Collections Manager with running various monthly reports
- Assists with testing for various AR system upgrades and implementations.
MInimum qualifications / SKILLS
5+ years Accounts Receivable/cash applications experience using a major ERP AR module
Minimum three years of AR collections experience
Intermediate Microsoft Excel - V-Lookup/Pivot Tables
High School Diploma or equivalent
Oracle AR Module expertise
Oil and gas industry or manufacturing experience
Inter-Company Billing/Accounting experience a plus
Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy in performance of duties
Effective problem solving and analytical skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to maintain effective working relationships
Collaborative and team-oriented
Adaptable to change
Ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines - effective time management skills
Intermediate Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs
physical requirements / working conditions
Working overtime and on special projects, as required
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs