Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors is seeking high performing summer intern for controls and automation team. Provide hands-on support for software engineering projects. Be part of the software development team what participates in creating software for controls and automation systems. Test, analyze and resolve technical issues, while writing new code or revising code, which helps drive business results. Build your skills and knowledge in real life business scenarios. Be part of the Nabors team. Internship is based in Houston, TX.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain knowledge and experience in automation and maintenance
- Document & test software applications
- Review other's codes and programming
- Asses new application ideas
- Work with software engineers to meet deliverables
- Develop applications (programming, coding)
- Participate in test lab with rig simulator
- Able to analyze data and understand the relationships and correlations
- Follows procedures and safety guidelines
- Pursuing final year of university studies towards bachelor's degree or seeking Masters/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related coursework
- Knowledge of HTML5, .NET 4.0, Postgres, MySQL & Oracle
- Prefer basic understanding of the following from previous work/classes/research and/or relevant pervious jobs/internships:
- C#, C, C++, .NET 4.0
- Visual Studio 2013
- various SQL databases including SqlCE and MySql
- WPF and WCF
- AngularJs, HTML5, and MVC design patterns
- PC hardware and operating systems
- DWD system and its operation
- SWD/MWD system and its operation
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in groups/teams
- An appreciation of commitment to safety leadership.
- Solid comprehensive problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to generate research ideas.
- Ability to draft technical reports of projects.
- MS Office computer skills (Access, Aspen/HYSYS a plus).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- The primary location for this position is an office environment.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Rig yard trips may be expected from time to time.
- 20% travel to rig yards and field.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs