Skills: Contracts Administration, Cost Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Bid Writer / Coordinator to join our team on a permanent contract based in the Melbourne CBD. The Bid Writer / Coordinator will be required to support the successful delivery of regional tenders, including writing and coordination of all written documentation, support in scheduling tasks and meetings, and general support to the Bid Manager and extended bid team. This role includes administrative and support tasks required ensuring the successful submission of the final tender documentation and oversight of the global knowledge hub and tender library.
Who we are looking for:
You are highly organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience working within the resources or infrastructure sector is highly desirable. You have s trong computer literacy and confidence using software, devices and technology. Y ou will be able to confidently establish priorities, plan a busy workload and work collaboratively.
You are self-driven, adaptable with the ability to effectively problem solve, multitask and manage multiple projects ensuring deliverables are met. You thrive off bid writing and coordination, working to target-driven deadlines and managing stakeholder relationships. You have a collaborative approach but are also able to work individually.
- Researching, coordinating, writing and editing high quality submissions, EOIs, prequalification, tenders, project documents and briefing notes to ensure the company's continued success
- Stakeholder liaison including work with internal Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to develop response documentation
- Support post tender clarifications/negotiations as required
- Responsible for formatting and layout of all tender documentation in line with company style guide
- Contribute to and utilise bid library and global knowledge hub
- Support the preparation of customer presentations in support of submitted / upcoming bids
- Support multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines simultaneously while maintaining focus
- Providing support towards productivity initiatives and proposals forecasting
- Other responsibilities include:
- Support coordination tasks to help manage the bid process including keeping track of milestones for storyboards, drafting and reviews
- Input and analyse the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Support APAC region Yammer activities
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, primarily having planned, written, edited and delivered professional quality documentation in a resources or infrastructure contracting environment
- The ability to plan and prioritise multiple tasks in time critical situations challenge and simplify messages
- Sharp attention to detail, with a thorough and methodical approach
- Sound ability to effectively listen to, interpret and convey information into written forms
- Strong computer literacy and confidence using software, devices and technology (Microsoft Office, SharePoint / 365). Adobe InDesign capability an advantage
- High to advanced Microsoft Teams knowledge and Power BI (or similar analysis tools
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role
If you're an experienced Bid Writer / Coordinator, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.