Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Wood a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment s is currently recruiting for a Flood Resilience Segment Lead (Segment Lead) with a Business Development background to support growth in the Water Sector. The selected candidate will p rovide leadership to drive growth in Wood's share of the Flood Resilience market in North America with a focus on dams, levees and other flood control mitigation strategies. This opportunity will allow the Segment Lead to work with a dynamic group of flood resiliency and climate change specialists throughout North America. This position can be based out of any location in the US.
- Identify market trends within the flood resilience industry in North America regarding capital investments
- Build relationships with core clients and target new clients to expand Wood's client base
- Proactively identify business opportunities
- Lead sales efforts for identified opportunities - determine key selling points, develop, and communicate the strategy both internally and externally, and lead the overall sales initiative
- Evaluate potential opportunities, determining the strategic fit within Wood's organizational strategy, the likelihood of success with this opportunity (both sales success and margin success from project execution), in coordination and supported by Wood Key Specialty Leads in Water Resources and Civil Works
- Participate in developing marketing objectives and strategies in support of short- and long-term corporate business goals.
- Identify, prioritize, manage customer contacts and relationships - Develop account plans and provide periodic reporting
- Develop presentation and marketing materials - Make formal client presentations
- Coordinate and execute (including hands-on managing and writing) preparation of proposals including interface with Wood Proposal Centers, including technical commercial clarification phases, negotiation steps and contract definition, according to Wood procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- 4-year Engineering Degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Strong reputation and industry recognition through project delivery, networking, professional societies, conference participation, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in business development
- Established relationships with agencies that have a flood resilience mission across North America, such as FEMA, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Bureau of Reclamation, the Natural Resources Conservation Service, as well as state, provincial and local agencies.
- An established list of industry contacts across North America is a plus.
- Experience in digital innovation / tools and methodologies applicable to the flood resilience industry
- Experience and ability to develop and sustain client relationships and negotiate Master Services Agreements
- Knowledge of engineering and construction contract terms and conditions
- Must possess excellent written, presentation and people skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.