Skills: Process Engineer, Production Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Luis Obispo, California, United States
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
QA Automation Analyst with experience developing complex test automation across a range of Windows application and programming APIs., Strong knowledge and skillset on both automated and manual testing
- Participate in full testing life cycle, including requirements validation, test planning, and test case identification/development, development of test automation framework, functional testing, performance testing and user acceptance testing.
- Define automation test objectives, write and execute test cases and test scenarios to ensure that software products meet design specifications and ensure consistency, completeness, accuracy and testability of product requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to formulate testing scenarios and facilitate testing.
- Work as part of an Agile Scrum team to ensure a successful product delivery, suggest, and negotiate product testability enhancements.
- Ensure traceability from business requirements and technical specifications to test conditions and problem reports.
- Provide technical and team leadership for software QA initiatives and test processes.
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of plans for testing phases of software development.
- Experience with CI development practices and tools .
- Perform software testing according to test plans and report the test results.
- Perform manual and automated testing of company developed products; software applications
- Experience: White box code testing, regression, performance, black box, and field release/implementation testing.
- Maintain documents for software/firmware bugs and enhancements, and quality control implementation.
- Author and compile metrics to measure test progress and quality outcomes.
- Work closely with developers in debugging and fixing defects.
- Provide feedback to manager and/or development team regarding ways to improve test processes and development performance.
- Track defects and make sure that all the defects closed before final delivery, report software issues and bugs using Microsoft Test Manager, Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Team Foundation Server or Jira.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of testing systems and testing environments.
- Interface with end users to determine new and modified functionality of existing application under test. Off hours availability with remote teams
- Provide technical assistance in root cause analysis, utilize programming and problem-solving skills to develop troubleshooting concepts and techniques.
- Provide technical and operational support to testers and end-users. Develop and maintain test data sets and databases. Update test harness and test data.
Technical Required Skills
- Experience database technologies such as SQL server and Oracle
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management.
- Experience with a UI automation framework (Selenium Preferred)
- Experience with VM Management is a plus
- Experience with Windows OS Install and configuration is a plus
- Knowledge of Selenium/Appnium
- Knowledge of SCADA principles and protocols
- Experience with Bug tracking tools like Jira.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Hands-on knowledge on minimum of one test automation tool like Selenium/Appnium.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages.
- Strong diagnostic skills to track, trouble-shoot, and identify issues.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Experience with Oil & Gas industry applications Preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5-10 years of experience with testing medium to large projects.