Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our team of transportation professionals based in one of our London, Burlington, Cambridge, Thorold, Oakville or Richmond Hill offices. As a senior practitioner, you will contribute to Woods' industry leading projects for MTO, as well as support to projects for Regional and Municipal governments, Metrolinx and TTC.
- Lead or assist in leading multidisciplinary teams to prepare submissions to pursue Highway Engineering projects through MTO's RFQ, RFP and Retainer assignments
- Prepare and manage or assist in managing project scope and workplans including schedule and financial aspects
- Manage preliminary and detailed engineering designs for multiple complex highway improvement projects including Design Bid Build, Design Build and P3
- Manage and guide multiple staff including technical direction and quality control reviews
- Oversee and prepare standard engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs and estimates for preparation of tender documents
- Liaise and coordinate with multiple project team disciplines and sub-consultants
- Mentor and supervise junior engineers and technicians
- Ensure a strong health and safety culture for delivery of projects.
- Liaise with, meet, coordinate and present with a wide range of clients and agencies
- Assist and provide input, including opportunity identification and resource requirements to guide the sustainable growth of the MTO transportation business
- Support a balanced growth approach to MTO pursuits through delivery of projects
- Participate in local business development relationships related to MTO project delivery
- Support municipal or rail/transit design assignments where and how needed
Skills / Qualifications
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng) with at least 10 years' professional experience
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, and Statement of Qualifications
- RAQS certification in highway engineering or alternatively strong foundation to support RAQS certification in the near future
- MTO project experience, preferably in a project management capacity
- Superior knowledge of MTO design standards and guidelines in addition to a good understanding of various software packages associated with MTO Contract Preparation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Business development skills, including experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base
- Substantial leadership, communication and team building skills
- Valid drivers license
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.