Skills: Logistics Management, Materials Management , Warehouse Person
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Warren, Michigan, United States
Wood Automation and Controls is currentlyrecruiting for a Material Handling Helper to join our team in Warren, MI. This position will report to the Operations Manager. The candidate will join a dynamic group and works in conjunction with the supply chain management team to perform shipping and receiving functions for the organization . This position requires a self-motivated individual able to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with solid experience seeking career growth with a major organization.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed.
- Performs related duties as required by company Quality Policies, Processes, and Instructions.
- Adhere to all safety processes and code of ethics
- Verify accuracy of shipments by v alidat ing material receipt with packing lists and/or purchase orders
- Unload deliveries from inbound vehic l es
- Load shipment onto outbound vehicles
- Process items for outbound shipments
- Packaging, transporting, distributing and the maintenance of material
- Basic knowledge of inbound and out bound material handling
- Generate shipping documents and labels
- Maintaining appropriate records and reports
- Assist in receiving, storing, issuing, and delivering of equipment and material
- Move inventory to various locations manually and by operating mechanical equipment
Current Hours and Starting Time
- Full-time 40.00 hours per week
- Typical start time for this position is currently 6 :00am , however, schedule is flexible
- Evening, weekend and/or holiday hours may be required as needed
Skills / Qualifications
- Mi nimum of a high school diploma is required
- Previous material handling experience is preferred
- Forklift certification is preferred
- Commercial driver's license is preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.