Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Regional Manager, HSSE - Americas.
This role will be a highly visible role to the business, one where the individual will need to partner with the business to lead the Americas HSSE leadership Team to raise the Health & Safety standards across the Americas region.
The role will have responsibility for supporting the Americas Leadership Team and management in driving HSSE culture, continuous improvement process across the business, and ensuring delivery of HSSE objectives. The role would deliver support and advice to staff on implementation and compliance with legislation, international standards, and internal procedures. It will build relationships with customers to support the safe and successful delivery of work scopes, thus enhancing Wood's reputation. There would be active participation in business capture and tender response, promoting HSSE performance and culture as a differentiator for the business.
A key objective is ensuring that effective HSSE management is provided for all the offices, sites, and installations in their business area by the selection, coaching, and control of an efficient and competent team of HSSE specialists.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Americas Leadership Team by providing strong, visible, and positive HSSE leadership and promote the adoption of HSSE best practice and values, as well as the development and roll-out of Wood HSSE objectives and other initiatives, including Safety Shield
- Support the organization's aim to avoid operational losses, maximize brand protection, and assure continued process capability to Wood clients
- Ensure HSSE legislation is complied with at all times, and report any breaches
- Ensure that all HSSE documentation is kept up-to-date and ensure policies and practices are both applied and effective by means of a structured and risk-based assurance process. Promote a mature, interdependent HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to and engagement with all employees in continuous performance improvement
- Contribute to monthly Management Team meetings, with accountability for reporting on all HSSE statistics and performance against objectives.
- Interface with the HSSE Leadership across the globe
- Take an active role in HSSE leadership of site-based activities across Americas CE and P&C
- Ensure that internal and external compliance certifications remain operational and supervise the recertification process with 3rd parties. Ensure close out of assurance and / or audit findings, competent audit reports, and proper and effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Lead, provide functional management to, and pro-actively support all staff to achieve project deliverables
- Play a primary role in providing guidance, support, and advice regarding HSSE issues
- Maintain positive relationships with Client Representatives and Project Management to ensure client and business needs are understood and achieved
- Be aware of Client HSSE requirements and Wood's values and behaviors and actively promote adherence with industry best practices
- Provide input and support HSSE rigor within the supply chain, including evaluation of processes and monitoring of performance
- Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSE support is suitably resourced
- Manage, mentor, and monitor the performance and development of direct reports
- Monitor compliance against HSSE improvement plans.
- Lead and coordinate the accident and incident investigation process, and provide support to staff involved as required
- Internal: Regional and Global Leadership teams, Project/Operations Management, Functional Heads, Deployed Team Members
- External: Clients, contractors, subcontractors, government authorities.
LEVEL OF INFLUENCE & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Sets team objectives and responsible for the delivery of them
- Leadership of project and country-specific HSSE
- Ensure clear understanding, roll-out and compliance of all HSSE processes and procedures and full accountability
- Financial authority in line with DOA
- Accountable for effectively resourcing project team and the ongoing development of the team
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in relevant technical, industry, or HSSE specific discipline
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in Technical, HSSE, or related industry
- NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma (desirable)
- NVQ Level 4 IOSH (desirable)
- ISO 45001: 2018 & ISO 9001 a desirable qualification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 12+ years HSSE experience, with at least 5-years in a similar or regional capacity
- Experience working in and managing an HSSE Management System environment
- Experience in HSSE Management and legal requirements across key geographies within the Americas, including Canada, USA, and LATAM
- Ability to converse and read Spanish is an added advantage however is not mandatory
- Supervisory and / or direct management experience of a team of HSSE Managers and Specialists
- Project/contract experience in Energy, O&G, Process, or other comparable industry
- Broad HSSE experience in similar industry
- Experience of Construction and working in a live plant a strong plus
- Effective two-way communicator, comfortable with the presentation of HSSE concepts and programs
- Relationship Builder - Connect and establish effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organization and externally-excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrable strength in communication skills.
- Influencer - High level of personal skills is required to deal effectively with a wide range of stakeholder groups-balance humility and self-confidence.
- Comfortable in both Client and other 3rd party environments; able to build an exemplary working relationship with Client and other Stakeholders.
- Proven and effective planning and organizational skills
- Confident self-starter who can work independently
- Actively takes responsibility for safety management and the safety of all in the business
- Challenges established practices and effects continuous improvement
- Ability to create an environment that encourages open discussion and feedback with stakeholders
- Initiator - Anticipates the environment, is forward-thinking, and able to see the big picture
- Energy & Focus - Results orientated and focussed in the execution of predefined objectives
- Authentic - Ability to be open, transparent, and driven by the success of the enterprise rather than by personal ambition.
- Good understanding of the business
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.