Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree plus 5-7 years of equivalent experience; Master's degree preferred
- Ability to work effectively both alone and as a member of a cross-functional project team with minimal supervision
- Advanced skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and other standard office software
- Experience using PeopleSoft preferred
- Ability to travel periodically between assigned business locations. Occasional, overnight travel (10-20%) may be required.
- Previous experience working in oil and gas required.
- Experience in a rapidly changing, transformative environment preferred.
This role is an integral part of the US Area HR team within the Global Human Resources Function. Reporting up through the Area HR Manager. In close collaboration with HR Leadership, Global and Area HR Business Partners, and other HR COEs, as an embedded HR partner with assigned business clients, the Senior Human Resources Advisor works closely with assigned managers and employees to anticipate and support HR-related needs and serves as a consultant to management on HR-related issues. Maintains an effective level of business literacy about company and business unit financial results, business plans, culture and competition. Responsible for a variety of HR duties as needed to include, but not limited to HR generalist responsibilities, staffing, employee relations, training and development, compensation, performance management, and organizational health/culture.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions autonomously with minimal guidance from the Area HR Director/Manager to independently meet the needs of the organization.
- Conducts regular meetings with assigned client groups, providing appropriate HR guidance and collaboration on relevant business and workforce priorities.
- Analyzes data trends and metrics to assess and/or anticipate business risks and, in partnership with HR COEs, develops and/or deploys recommended solutions, programs and applicable policies.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides assistance with the evaluation of compensation and rewards and makes appropriate recommendations. Works with management and HR COE partners to develop appropriate compensation strategies tied to product line, geography, and external market indicators.
- Assists in evaluating and updating job descriptions.
- Independently manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations for assigned cases.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Provides day to day performance management and compensation guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning.
- Support change management activities and applicable transformation initiatives.
- Negotiates priorities and support requirements with cross-functional teams, as appropriate, based on business and resource needs.
- Opens and maintains effective communication channels with assigned management team, key stakeholders, and external providers.
- Facilitates the delivery of HR advice, consultation and support to key stakeholders.
- Provides timely and appropriate information and support to relevant stakeholders.
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with key business partner peers and cross functional teams.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be able to think holistically and objectively, balancing business, functional and workforce needs.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple priorities and with tight timelines, making efficient use of time management.
- Thrives in a challenging, transformational working environment with many simultaneous priorities.
- Strong written, oral, and visual media communication skills with a proven ability to communicate to peers and client groups.
- Works effectively in a matrix organizational structure, including negotiating and influencing peers and clients by utilizing proven track record as a trusted advisor and business partner.