Essential Education & Experience:
- Provides day-to-day operational support and advice on environmental permit compliance, coordinating regulatory inspections and incident responses.
- Supports the identification, prioritization and management of environmental impacts and risks, providing basic technical advice and support to projects, including waste management and environmental management reviews.
- Manages the Tanks program to include regulatory applicability, inspections, emissions monitoring and reporting
- Manages the Stack Testing program to include coordination and reporting
- Identifies process, people and performance environmental and compliance risk reduction measures, providing risk mitigation recommendations to team members.
- Provides input into the development of the self-verification process, participating in relevant internal networks to deliver training and share best practice.
- Liaises with business units and employees at all levels to provide technical support and advice.
- Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviours
- Establishes and maintains document control guidelines and work processes in support of all operational areas and programs.
- Assists the distribution and maintenance of HSE-related materials, equipment, procedures, personnel and guidance, documenting maintenance activities
- BS in Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry, or equivalent education is essential.
- Environmental based accreditations desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years previous environmental program management experience is essential; experience with Tanks, Emission Inventory LDAR Programs, BWON Programs, or other similar experience, is preferred.
- Experience in refinery and/or chemical plant process engineering or operations is desirable.
- Experience working with industry coalitions and governmental regulatory agencies is desirable
- Trained to lead Self-Assessment and Audits
- Leads Change
- Problem Solver
- Maintains environmental generalist competency
- Understands and observes all company and unit HSE&C policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Foster effective teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work outside in the refinery process operating units
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders up
- Ability to read and understand P&ID - both in field and office settings.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Operations and Maintenance staff to implement sustainable customer focused compliance management systems.
- Ability to perform work with cross-functional teams and provide oversight to contractor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to review new and existing environmental regulations, provide interpretation, and translate into actionable terms via policies, procedures, and plans.
As our Environmental Compliance Advisor you'll be responsible for supporting environmental regulatory compliance and the delivery of regulatory activities, including inspections and reporting. You'll use your basic technical capabilities to provide day-to-day operational support and advice on environmental permit compliance.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com
; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster
and the poster supplement
- for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement