Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Our Buyer has primary responsibility for purchasing materials, supplies and services within established limits and quality, quantity and price guidelines. You will work with items that are readily available and quantities are generally small. Day to day you will be buying from local retailers, wholesalers, jobbers and sales representatives. You will prepare purchase orders, maintain a list of preferred suppliers and prepare routine and special reports as required. In addition you will obtain quotes, negotiate delivery arrangements and you may also be responsible for locating new sources of supply. Level: Performs complex duties and exercise judgment for decisions and problem solving. Work is performed independently with little to no direct supervision. May be responsible for supervising, coaching and training more junior level personnel. This position does not include managers.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Purchase quality products with timely deliveries at the best price.
- Expedite current purchase orders for delivery.
- Process and communicate NCR reports with suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts for services.
- Review and approve technical and administrative content of purchasing documentation.
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Provide information to Purchasing/General Manager, as required, for monthly reports.
- Perform all clerical requirements, as needed with reference to specific responsibilities.
- Develop reliable sources of supply with sound supplier relations.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- May supervise lower level Buyers.
- Maintain ethical conduct with all vendor relations.
- Maintain open communication lines with other departments.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford. ? Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Buying experience with raw materials and machine parts.
- Familiarization with manufacturing and service environment.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of billing practices and controls.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively work with employees, supervisors, vendors and customers.
- General computer knowledge including the use the Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of 1C.
- Minimum of 3-6+ years of related billing, accounting or purchasing experience
- University Degree qualified