Skills: Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Site Construction Lead position to provide oversight of construction activities at various client's sites.
The Construction Lead will be seconded to the client's organization and will be reporting to the client's project manager directly. The candidate will have to independently manage site sub-contractor(s) with responsibility for site safety, quality, schedule, contract compliance and customer satisfaction. Overall scope of work includes the cleaning/coating of solar panels on five solar sites. Sites are all outdoors and located in SW Ontario.
The Construction site lead is to provide overall site leadership as an independent performer in the field to support the execution of field work by interfacing with the Client Project Manager, other site contractors and Owner reps.
Some of the duties anticipated to be undertaken are:
- Plan and manage field work ensuring safety for all personnel, plant and property. Lead/conduct safety assessments with Contractor safety lead and Safety Manager including inspections of the work site. Conduct job safety analysis for the work, using forward looking leading indicators, ensuring the site contractor observes safe behaviors and unsafe work conditions are mitigated.
- Site safety and safety program management is key part of responsibility.
- Ensure that all site works are carried out in accordance with the contract documents including specifications, drawings and other reference materials. Perform constructability reviews with the project design team to improve the construction labor efficiency. Interface with customer, other contractors and suppliers to coordinate the work. Coordinate and lead the 3-week look ahead planning tool.
- Issue daily and weekly email reports
- Manage all site resources. Manage and document site performance and prepare associated recommendations to improve cost, schedule, customer experience, quality and safety.
- Document field related processes including HSSE, quality, field administration (labor, materials, subcontractors, change management, etc.) as required.
- Conduct or ensure Contractor conducts the daily "plan of the day" reviews and formal weekly reviews with Contractor to support weekly reporting to the Customer and the Project Manager.
- Ensure that all provided materials are properly received, stored and protected at site prior to installation. Administer any potential change management process to ensure that impacts for project changes are properly identified, estimated, communicated and booked.
- Manage work in accordance with schedule milestones. Track construction progress for all related activities and report to client Project Manager. The site manager is responsible for mitigating actions as necessary to maintain project schedule and construction budget. Manage project risks and take aggressive measures to avoid incurring penalties, warranty repairs or other costs that typically have substantial financial impact.
- Manage all field documentation.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in managing construction works in brown-field settings with existing operations
- Proven field construction management experience and a minimum of 5 years of construction experience necessary.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline is highly desirable, but not essential if you can demonstrate the right level of technical and commercial experience
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates in the Sarnia, ON region
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.