Skills: Workover or Completion
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting a Systems Completion Mechanical Engineer with offshore oil and gas commissioning experience.
The position is located in Houston, Texas
* Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required"
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Support the SC team with the development of Systems Completion planning deliverables during engineering phase and preparation for Execution phase during integration and commissioning.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; multi-discipline technical team leadership, planning and coordination of work within a simultaneous operations environment, having technical expertise relevant to design and operation of assigned systems and liaising with equipment engineers, equipment vendors, construction personnel and operations team members.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Assist the Commissioning Manager in planning development and reporting
- Developing detailed commissioning and start-up procedures for assigned mechanical systems
- Function Test Procedure Writing
- Spares Review (SPIR forms)
- Tag Quality Review
- TTM specific verifications
- Package check sheets
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of offshore oil and gas processing facilities is required including:
- Fluent and expert in reading and interpreting P&ID's, Piping Isometrics and Production Flow Diagrams
- Gas compression equipment
- Rotating equipment
- Process flow equipment, gas and oil pipeline systems
- Operations and maintenance of production facilities
- Leak testing (HeN)
- Lube oil flushing, chemical flushing of production systems
- Report writing and records maintenance
- Permit to Work System
- Project management skills; cost, time and project scope
- Occupational hazards, standard safety procedures and safe work practices
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 10 + years' experience with at minimum 5 years' on site commissioning experience.
- BSc - Engineering (required) in specific discipline
- O&G Commissioning and Start-Up/SC Experience (5+ years)
- Offshore GOM or International Project Experience in Engineering Lead Role
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.