Skills: Facilities Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
ENGIE are recruiting for a Cleaning Transformation Manager to be based at the Southbank Centre, London. This is a permanent, full time role, working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday 08:00 - 17:00. On offer is a competitive salary and company benefits package.
The successful candidate will provide the Southbank Centre Account with a best-in-class contract cleaning delivery through the creation of an expert team and the development of robust systems and processes. Additionally, as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Cleaning in Engie's Corporate Services, you will impact on Engie's ability to win TFM contracts and ability to offer a best-in-class cleaning proposition
What is your Day to Day:
- Leading account cleaning team and all associate subcontracted elements including training all the staff in new methodologies and ways of working thereby ensuring best in class service delivery at this world class event venue
- Developing and leading the new innovative cleaning models at Southbank Centre to ensure this premier venue is showcase of Engie's cleaning methodology ensuring that the Engie/Southbank contract is an exemplar contract of how to manage 'destination space'
- Introducing significant cultural change within the account team following the re-engineering of the team's ways of working and approach
- Developing and leading a new commercial model, based on Lean principles, for the event support of cultural shows and events
- Supporting new sales bids for other corporate contract by being the division's cleaning SME.
- Work closely with Engie's commercial team and strategic supply chain partners to ensure Engie brings new innovative products to market to ensure a best-in-class cleaning proposition for the Engie business
- Support with the mobilisation of new Engie Corporate contract wins with deployment of the Engie Corporate cleaning proposition
- Subject matter expert in janitorial service, innovative cleaning technology and able to develop best-practice solutions for world class event spaces
- Lean 6 Sigma and Agile experience to challenge ways of working to optimise value adding activity within the team
- Extensive operational leadership experience in Soft FM/janitorial environment
- Extensive experience quoting for new cleaning contract tenders and then mobilising the operation on contract commencement
- Excellent commercial acumen to develop new cost model for event-based cleaning delivery
- Data analysis skills - can assimilate data from a variety of sources and distil into a clear performance picture
- Significant experience developing and implementing organisational change plans that drive contract improvement in a service environment
- Technological and Innovative thinking - ability to develop innovative solutions that integrate seamlessly into 'smart buildings' and utilise the markets latest innovative cleaning solutions
- Good financial acumen
- Good presentation, influencing and motivation skills
- Inspirational people leader with experience of managing large teams
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
- Posting Date: Apr 4, 2021