Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: East Kalimantan, Indonesia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Indonesia
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Incumbent is expected have experience in handling construction of: industrial gas projects, especially coal gasification /purification projects;
- Incumbent is expected to have Bachelor's Degree or college degree of Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Incumbent is expected to have 15+ years construction management experience in industrial civil work, 3 years working experience with international company
- Good track record in civil construction management, as civil Superintendent for mega gasification/chemical /petrochemical project site
- Be very familiar with Indonesia codes
- Be able to interpret technical documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Good communication skills to effectively manage contractors
- Good spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel and be based in remote location
This position is the Construction Civil Superintendent of Gasification Project which is executed by Gasification Project Execution Unit. The incumbent is accountable for the management of civil construction across early construction planning stage, site execution, Mechanical Completion and transferring to Commissioning, as well as final acceptance, for large-scale CTL (Coal to Liquide) projects. This job holder shall cover the management of construction safety, quality, schedule and field change control for designated scope.
This position is accountable for the following:
- Monitor and ensure contractor's compliance to Principal's safety standard
- Oversee site civil construction activities, manage contractors, and coordinate the work with other discipline superintendents and contractors. Assess and forecast workload and skills demands on a site basis to secure schedule.
- Monitor the work of each contractor and make sure the quality of workmanship and materials meet contract requirements.
- Review and agree to the schedules with contractors and review update progress during the weekly meetings.
- Ensure compliance with specifications, site conditions of existing plants, job safety analysis (JSA), safety work permits, building permits, and national health and safety requirements as per country
- Escalate problems such as labor shortages, strikes, material delivery slippages, availability of contract documents and drawings, etc., which threaten to adversely affect job cost, schedule, quality, or safety. In addition, customer complaints related to the scope shall be reported in writing immediately.
- Review and approve contractor's overall construction plan and monitor the implementations. Review critical technical plan;
- Keep close contact with AP/LDI functional engineers to solve design issues quickly; Reply contractor's RFI (Request for Information) within agreed deadline;
- Verify and confirm contractor's actual progress of quantities;
- Support Construction Site Manager to coordinate the interfaces with customer or/and local authorities;
- Ad-hoc tasks assigned by supervisor
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.