Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Si Racha, Chon Buri, Thailand
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Piping Engineer.
- Responsible for carrying out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as identified in necessary on the appointed projects.
- Signing drawings/documents as originator/checker in accordance with correct procedures.
- Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities etc.
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards.
- Adhering to Wood engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities.
- Correction interpretation and implementation of all piping CAD and system related functions in their appointed area.
- Checking piping bulk requisitions and bulk technical evaluations from MTO.
- Notifying the Project Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work.
- Attending co-ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with suppliers as required.
- Providing monthly progress report information to piping discipline head.
- Assist in the developing and training of subordinate personnel.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 8 years piping experience in Senior Piping Engineer position.
- Familiar and hands-on experience with design and drafting tools like 3D PDS, PDMS, SmartPlant 3D, MicroStation and AutoCAD.
- Experience in piping layout, materials and stress analysis.
- Experience in materials selection for specifications engineers.
- Ability to identify problems, determines possible solution, and actively works to resolve issues.
- Good command in English communication.
- Holding professional/institution membership/s as appropriate to level of qualification.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.