Skills: Geoscientist, Petrophysicist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
NON-OPERATED OIL DEVELOPMENT
TECHNICAL RECORDS ANALYST
Primary Purpose of Job
The primary purpose of this job is to participate in all Corporate Well Log processes and to effectively contribute to QA/QC of data processed and loaded into QP's Corporate Upstream Database and UNIX file systems.
• BS in Geoscience Discipline from accredited and recognized university but MS preferred; a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in practicing petrophysical or Subsurface data management is an acceptable alternative.
• Preference will be given to higher educational level for non-nationals.
Experience & Skills
• At least 3 years post-degree, relevant working experience in practicing petrophysical data management. Strong background in and understanding of petroleum industry, openhole & surveillance logging, coring, fluid sampling and production testing.
• Preference would be given to candidates who also demonstrate strong experience in establishing subsurface data management workflows in an operational environment.
• Up-to-date with respect to new technological advancements in well logging and petrophysical data management preferably related to data analytics, data driven models and data visualization techniques.
• Experience in UNIX, Oracle, scripting, SQL, Python, PowerBI (or related) strongly preferred. • Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa