United States of America - Texas, HoustonJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a highly talented Strategic Sourcing Category Manager to manage corporate indirect procurement initiatives. This is a virtual position that can be based anywhere in the continental United States with a preference in Houston Texas.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:Category Alignment:
Other roles & responsibilities include:
- Manage and implement complex strategies and contract compliance.
- Strong contract knowledge and terminology.
- Ability to independently follow strategic sourcing process from RFI, market analysis, stakeholder acceptance to implementation.
- Deliver strategies and financial data to executive management.
- Identify stakeholders and leads cross-functional teams for the development and execution of all aspects of category strategies within region.
- Manage all competitive sourcing processes and suppliers related to contract pricing, terms, and conditions.
- Conduct complex strategic sourcing activities using Six Sigma Methodology or similar process to find and develop new suppliers to drive cost reduction and optimize supply chain and synergy potentials.
- Ability to manage category independently in a fast-past, decentralized environment.
- Ability to present detailed, complex data to leadership.
- Analyzes complex data and creates an overall strategy for category to identify and pursue opportunities.
- Actively seeks and leads opportunities in the US, Canada and Globally to drive savings and deliver results for the organization through various forms of leveraging, bidding, sourcing and/or negotiation.
- Understands Supplier Relationship Management and provides feedback on supplier selection(s).
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders and understands how to implement change management.
- Manages supplier selection process across multiple categories, internal teams, and regions, and create longer-term supplier selection strategies for management
- Creates detailed Power Point slides, Excel graphs and Executive Summaries to present business cases supporting sourcing recommendations.
- Tracks and understands supplier performance through corrective action documentation with delivery, quality, and cost.
- Calculate and track actual cost savings and understands rebate structures.
- Collaborate with employees from Facilities, Region Procurement, Finance and Operations Business Lines in developing and implementing the best-of-class supply agreement solutions for spend categories related to facilities and building materials.
- Understand business requirements, analyze spend data, solicit and evaluate quotes, negotiate prices, finalize agreements and ensure ordering tools and processes are developed and communicated.
- Discover, quantify, and execute on cost reduction opportunities and add significant net tangible value to the DCS business.
- Apply proven strategic sourcing processes to execute on the following deliverables: assessment of the current state of spend categories and agreements.
- Develop a sourcing strategy that will drive material cost reductions, rebates and time savings in the procure-to-pay process; execute RFPs, RFQs and where appropriate focused negotiations; finalize contracts; measure and report savings and deliver on-going continuous improvement ideas.
- Analyze new technologies and best available technology for the category
- Develop project plans for each category including work tasks, deliverables, milestones, and metrics
- Develop annual forecasting plan for savings, actual results and outlooks
- Develop category implementation plans. These plans to result in easy buying and order execution, clear communication of the process and facilitates compliance with the category strategy and benefits.
- As a member of the corporate team, you will work with professionals at our headquarters in downtown Los Angeles, California and in business offices around the world to advance AECOM's global strategies and priorities. With positions around the globe, the Corporate team includes finance, legal, human resources, information technology, marketing and communications, and real estate functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or related field + eight (8) years of related experience to include: progressive operational experience in procurement, sourcing and/or supply chain management (buying, vendor management, supplier evaluation, category management, taxonomy) or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Due to the nature of this work, US Citizenship is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working in a highly matrixed global and/or Fortune 500 organization.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to speak with executive management and deliver strategy and financial data
- Strategic Sourcing or Category Management experience
- Excellent analytical, judgment and practical operating skills in a multi-location, project-based industry
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment with high demand to flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
- Category Management
- Strategic Sourcing Process
- Six Sigma
- Market Intelligence gathering
- Leveraging enterprise wide spend
- Supply and framework agreements
- Strategic supplier partnerships
- ERP systems
- Supply chain principles and techniques
- Supplier relationship management
- Work as a part of a team.
- Ability to develop strategy and plans and drive to successful conclusion.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate internal clients in a pressurized environment across borders.
- Ability to Identify efficiency.
- Ability to develop effective and sustainable category strategies.
What We Offer
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
- Relocation and/or per diem benefits are not offered.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Geography OHBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Austin, TX - 9400 Amberglen Boulevard, US - Dallas, TX - 13355 Noel Road, US - Denver, CO - 7595 East Technology WayVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.