Santa Clara, California, United States
Santa Clara, California, United States
Skills: Business Analyst, Energy / Commodity Trading
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Santa Clara, California, United States
Engie Storage is at the forefront of the energy transition building innovative products and services that enable the grid of the future. Through strategic acquisitions, Engie Storage brings together industry experts with unique skills and backgrounds across the power system. The Senior Energy Analyst will play a pivotal role to support the Business Development and Asset Management teams through analyzing the revenue potential of battery systems participating in wholesale electricity markets. We are looking for a candidate with a technical background who is familiar with wholesale market participation, can hit ambitious deadlines, continually strives to improve, and is driven to learn and grow in this nascent market. This position will be based in the San Francisco bay area, We are open to US based remote candidates.
What you'll do:
- Be the single point of contact for the Business Development team concerning wholesale market revenue forecasts.
- Partner with wholesale market experts on improving Linear Programming models, both for existing and new markets.
- Become a specialist on the internal functioning of the wholesale market models, by providing a QA/QC role for new feature implementation.
- Responsible for independently running the existing tools to provide project economics for standard analyses (including behind the meter C&I applications);
- Responsible for developing tools to provide project economics for non-standard projects operating outside of the wholesale markets
- Provide Expert knowledge to support Sales and Business Development team in customer calls or strategic partner calls
- Responsible for improving the existing Analysis Process by simplifying and automating existing tools and expanding our processes for new offerings
- Work with the Product Management team on improvements and providing insight for the development of software tools for new products.
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in a technical field (i.e. engineering, physics, math) or Business-related field (i.e. economics) required
- Very strong quantitative skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills (including writing code in VBA)
- 2 years of experience with SQL and Python
- 5 years of experience, preferably within the field of renewable energy
- 2 years of experience modelling Energy Storage Systems for various applications
- Detailed understanding of at least 1 wholesale market
- Knowledge across multiple wholesale markets is a plus
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc..
- Could involve some lifting
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Apr 2, 2021