The Tremendous growth in the renewables industry has spurred project development throughout the US. We are focused on being a driving force in the industry. We bring savings and sustainability for our clients and partners by providing high quality managed green energy and energy efficiency improvement programs.
ENGIE North America is searching for talented individuals to complete the build out of our local team. This position will help steer the success of long-term capital improvement and sustainment projects with our University of Iowa partner.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for execution of the Utility Master Plan to include:
- (1) condition assessments for extending the life cycle and reliability of critical systems and components within the utility infrastructure;
- (2) performance efficiencies to reduce the university's energy and utility operations costs and
- (3) sustainability initiatives to eliminate coal as a fuel source and reduce the university's carbon footprint. Project management scope encompasses engineering conception and design, procurement, construction, financial administration, commissioning, and initial operations.
- Becomes a core member of the Program Management Team (PMT) with fellow Project Managers to provide leadership, oversight, reporting and support through all phases of project development and execution. Coordinates and communicates with all project stakeholders, internal and external.
- Establishes project objectives, develops the project plan, budget and schedule.
- Partners with Program Managers to identify potential projects and develop business justifications.
- Provides leadership for energy efficiency projects in campus buildings, in addition to campus utility projects.
- Provides overall direction of project activities including engineering, procurement, construction, financial administration, commissioning, and initial operations.
- Administrates contracts to include the development of project specifications, a detailed scope of work and principle contract provisions, working closely with corporate Contracts Management and the Procurement Department in Houston.
- Develops work packages for execution to include: Statement of Scope, Change Management, Performance Testing, QA/QC Requirements, Parts/Tools, Man-hours, Material Procurement, Technical Data Sheets, Drawings/Specifications, Task Procedures and Job Safety Plans.
- Coordinates with the Contracts Manager to frame the RFQs and RFPs to include contract negotiations and changes.
- Lead pre-bid and pre-construction walk throughs and provide RFI responses and addenda. Analyze bids and participate in section of design professional, vendor or contractor, as applicable.
- Ensures quality and technical execution of work are within schedule and budget through the establishment of milestone dates, budget allocations and control or expenditures.
- Responsible for the integrated performance of the project team, putting in place Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control plans. Deviations from standards are identified, root causes determined, corrective actions taken, and change management applied as required for process improvements.
- Prepares a procedures manual that is tailored to the specific project, providing the framework for the overall operations of the project team.
- Manages and controls all change orders to ensure project proceeds in a planned manner, within budget and on schedule.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field from an ABET institution required.
- Major in a disciplined Engineering curriculum preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or passing of the Fundamental Engineering (FE) exam and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in management of construction, industrial or municipal projects.
- Campus project experience desired.
- Mastery of problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to create a team culture of camaraderie, integrity and trust among the integrated project team members.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other's ideas and viewpoints and resolving team conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and ensure performance expectations and resultant outcomes are met.
- Sound knowledge of campus and/or district energy systems, performance engineering and data analytics with their application toward cost savings and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience in developing RFQs/RFPs in industrial construction environments.
- Experience in contract execution, management and negotiation of construction, engineering and services contracts.
- Experience in construction projects, working at sites, managing subcontractors, contracts administration and change management.
- Strong Microsoft Software Applications skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project); experience with various project & construction management software tools, e.g., Procore, SharePoint, etc.
- Strong acumen in financial and contractual aspects of capital projects in addition to technical and organizational structures.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to sit or stand for a long period of time.
- Occasional walking of less than one mile.
- Could involve some lifting.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Apr 12, 2021