Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Director of Communications is responsible for designing and implementing the Communications Strategy for the Properties Business Line within ENGIE, including the United States and Canada. We are looking for an experienced communications leader and self-starter that is an exceptional storyteller and writer. In this role you will own all internal and external communications efforts and serve on the leadership team for $1.5B business. The scope of the role may evolve as the Properties Business Line progresses in the transformation initiative.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement an efficient and impactful communications strategy to support a largely decentralized business line.
- Responsible for internal and external communications including but not limited to PR, web presence, advertising, fairs, events, and social media.
- Work cross-functionally and across geographies with internal stakeholders at all levels to define key themes, messages, and content to drive awareness, engagement, and adoption of programs and initiatives.
- Create original content and oversee execution of various communications activities, including press releases, bylined articles, customer case studies, blogs, video scripts, etc.
- Design a consistent and efficient communications strategy and action plan to support the transformation, according to the strategic priorities, for internal and external purposes and on all media.
- Design and share the key messages and storytelling for internal and external audiences.
- Compel employees to connect with - and believe in - our strategy and ambition by delivering engaging information by the right person, to the right person and at the right time through a series of tools and moments (Town halls, Info Flash, Intranet, Newsletter, internal events, internal digital display, cascaded communications).
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media, business press, key industry opinion leaders, entrepreneurs and other influencers (press releases, media pitches, press conferences).
- Develop and maintain targeted media lists and tracking mechanisms.
- Manage crisis communication.
- On-call availability and travel as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Construction industry experience a plus.
- 10+ years of high achievement in all areas of communications including internal, external, press, digital, social media or related fields.
- Ability to build internal and external communication strategies aligned to the business strategy.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with utmost discretion. Ability to successfully manage competing priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills to condense complex information into understandable messages for all audiences.
- Ability to turn-around high-quality deliverables quickly.
- Ability to interact, influence, and collaborate with employees and management across all levels. Proven ability to build strong relationships and a broad network to achieve results.
- Success in operating effectively in a large, partly centralized, decentralized, and matrixed organization structure undergoing significant transformation.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to use personal computer, etc.
- Ability to travel independently to field locations in ENA across US and Canada.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Apr 2, 2021