ENGIE has an immediate opening for an Operations Shift Supervsio
r located in Boston, MA
. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager and will supervise and coordinate a shift of operating personnel for the MATEP, LLC, satellite facilities, and utility distribution system. The Operations Shift Supervisor will prepare and review log sheets and maintain responsibility for directing in-plant training and evaluation programs as well as coordinating operation of utility services.
What you'll do:
- Supervises a shift of licensed operating, maintenance, and lab, and technical personnel engaged in operations and running maintenance of steam, chilled water, and electrical generating equipment.
- Establishes procedures, standardized methods of work and reports
- Coordinates the operation of steam, electrical, and refrigeration equipment to meet the requirements of the distribution system.
- Aids in the development of maintenance, outage, and preventive maintenance programs.
- Provides information and arranges equipment clearances for personnel from other departments for the testing, repair, and maintenance of plant equipment.
- Participates in the auditing, preparation, editing, and maintenance of plant operating manuals and training materials
- Identifies and investigates problems with plant equipment, determines corrective measures, and directs activities necessary to implement adjustments.
- Provides emergency response services for customers as required.
- Orders Lube Oil, fuel, gas, or other materials necessary to operate. Prepares monthly oil and gas reading reports for the supervisor, including but not limited to, water and sewer abatement.
- Prepares daily time reports, material requisitions, work orders, safety work orders, and special reports regarding plant incidents and operating problems.
- Responsible for monitoring on-shift staffing levels. Identifies areas for employee development and coordinates and participates in plant training programs.
- Conducts incident/accident investigations and recommends corrective actions. Identifies opportunities to improve plant safety and to prevent accidents and permit violations. Provides technical assistance to EH&S on operations safety, planning, and environmental reports.
- May act as project supervisor for contractors to maintain communications, ensure OSHA compliance (i.e. LOTO, confined space, hot work), and to ensure equipment availability. Works with Maintenance and Engineering to coordinate the work of contractors in construction, renovation, and modification projects.
- Must participate in mandatory training and other programs.
What you bring:
- Must have valid Commonwealth of Massachusetts 2nd Class Engineer's License.
- Will be required to obtain a CFC-2 and CFC-3 license or a CFC-universal license within the first 18 months of employment.
- Will be required to obtain an underground storage tank certificate within the first 18 months of employment.
- Will be required to obtain a First-Class Engineer's License and a 2nd Class Industrial Waste Water License within the first 18 months of employment.
- High School Diploma (required) plus nine (9) years of relevant experience
- Five (5) years of experience in the operation of utility plants.
- Must have demonstrated technical ability in the operation and maintenance of industrial systems.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of power generation, power generation equipment and technology.
- Thorough knowledge of all plant systems and understanding of process diagrams, simple electrical diagrams and operating instructions.
- Extensive knowledge in the installation of mechanical and electrical equipment in a generating and steam production station.
- Knowledge of maintenance requirements for gas turbines, steam turbines, boilers and chiller equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Maximo CMMS programs.
- Ability to use analytical judgment to plan and perform diversified work, making decisions within prescribed limitations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and take direction from others.
- Ability to work overtime, as well as, any schedule including nights and weekends.
- May be required to work overtime - relief, off-shift, and emergency coverage (nights, weekends, etc.) and/or other, as needed.
- Must be able to work internally in the physical plant and externally on the facility's grounds or at satellite facilities.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Regularly required to use hands and arms to touch or feel, and use tools.
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Apr 2, 2021