Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an IT Business Partner within the IT Business Partnering group to be based in the Perth, Western Australia office. You will be the IT focal point for your remit and responsible for performing a range of functions to support the delivery of IT to the businesses within Wood.
Collectively, the IT Business Partners support the delivery of the IT strategy and services to the global Wood business and ensure the IT and business strategies are aligned. You will work in unison with other IT Business Partners, Senior IT Business Partners, IT Directors and outsourcing partners to deliver a single repeatable IT experience, while encompassing Business Group or Function specific requirements.
You will develop and nurture excellent working relationships with middle management and key stakeholders within you assigned business. You will also collaborate with the other Business Partners in a high performing team to provide the business with a single point of focus for all IT matters.
In addition, you will also be accountable for the following:
- Be a deliverer of the IT function strategy
- Maintain a solid understanding of the business service lines to inform the IT strategy and leverage current and emerging technologies to meet short and long-term business goals and objectives
- Articulate the IT strategy to the business demonstrating where it can bring additional benefit to the business
- Escalation point for all service issues across their business for both the business and their IT team
- Continually seek out and drive areas for service and process improvement, but with a financial responsibility to ensure the service is fit-for-purpose
- Proactively seek feedback on IT performance from the business and share improvement opportunities with the IT service leaders
- Escalation point for all projects across their business for both the business and their IT team, and accountable for successful delivery
- Be the project focal point for the business, and monitor the cost and schedule across the relevant business portfolio
- Provide an accurate business portfolio pipeline lookahead / forecast to assist in project resourcing and prioritisation
- For each project ensure a clear and unambiguous business charter and scope is defined and facilitate the requirements gathering
- Ensure project deliverables meet the stated business needs
- Ensure the volume, quality, delivery performance and business value of the project throughput is captured and shared with the business
- Responsible for identifying early capture and challenge of suggested changes in requirements of in-flight projects due to change in the business requirements
IT Bid Support:
- Act as the focal point for Pursuit Manager or Pursuit Lead on all IT input to bid
- Work closely with all areas of IT to ensure accurate and timely input to bids of all IT services required
- Ensure each assigned bid gets the necessary support from IT and develop and maintain a database of IT bid deliverables including solutioning and pricing to streamline the bid process
- Ensure the business understand how IT services and hardware are delivered to ensure successful project start-up
Communications and Awareness:
- Disseminate key messages, policy changes and high-level initiatives to user community
- Key focal point for project and service requests from the senior leaders in the business
- Share best practice and provide direction across the business on how to engage and consume IT services
- Constantly develop strong relationships with the other leaders and their teams within the IT function, including outsourcing partners, to embrace and portray a one-team mentality
Skills / Qualifications
Ideally you will be an IT practitioner with a diverse background and experience, built on top of the relevant qualifications.
You must have full Australian work rights to be considered for this role.
- Educated to technical diploma, or recognised certification level in computer science or another technology-oriented discipline
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to succinctly articulate complex concepts, composed and confident self-starter able to build strong relationships with business contacts
- Strong business understanding and core technical skills
- Track record and proven ability and experience of working up to senior management level
- Proven track record in implementing IT strategies at a regional or service line level
- Proven experience in supporting and implementing business change
- History of working in globally dispersed and multi-disciplined IT teams
- Experience in on-boarding new businesses to provide global IT services
- Working knowledge of the Service Line to which they are assigned
- Experience of driving and implementing significant business transformation
- Experience in working within a high-performance team
- Demonstrate drive to solve problems in a matrix team environment with high energy and a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills to sustain productive relationships
- Flexible and adaptable to change whilst demonstrating innovative and creative approaches
- Highly collaborative with the ability to sustain relationships with colleagues and customers to deliver successful outcomes
- Willing to travel regionally (as appropriate)
- Adherence to Wood Core Values and Behaviours
- Is recognised as an advocate of the Wood Leadership Framework and lead by example
- Ensures that all work is conducted in a safe, secure, and environmentally respectful manner
It takes an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds to unlock solutions to tomorrows most critical challenges.
Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are an experienced IT Business Partner and ready for your next opportunity, apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.